Terms & Conditions
We have a strict policy of no pets in any of our Motorhomes, We do not accept all male or all female groups unless by prior arrangement in writing , We do not allow any of our Motorhomes at any Music festivals such as T In The Park, Glastonbury, Rock Ness etc, or Sports events Moto X etc, unless by prior arrangement in writing.
• No one other than the drivers named in the proposal forms may drive the hired vehicles.
• All named drivers must be between over 25 & 70 (Drivers over 70 need to contact us first for confirmation), of good health and have held a full/valid driving licence for at least two years.
• The licence must be clear of any endorsements apart from up to three points for Speeding Offences, if there are any other current endorsements special conditions may apply.
• Driver must declare at time of booking if had any fault claim within the last five years. Failure to disclose such claims may result of refusal of hire should this information come to light prior to collecting the vehicle.
• All licences required must be produced at vehicle collection; if this is a photo-card licence you must produce your national insurance number for DVLA license check purposes.
• Persons with serious convictions within the last eleven years will not be permitted to drive the hire vehicles (including drink driving offences).
• Visitors from abroad (does not apply to EU Countries) are advised to obtain an International licence. It does not automatically disqualify you from driving if you do not meet the required criteria, but we shall need to refer you to our insurance company to check if they will offer insurance cover.
Telephone and online bookings can be made, but only held for up to 1 day until a booking deposit of £250 per week of hire is received.
• The booking deposit is not refundable and shall be deducted from all hire charges.
• Confirmation of the booking will be emailed together with the invoice in respect of the tariff,damage deposit and becomes payable immediately or 13 weeks prior to your holiday start date (whichever comes sooner) If you fail to make remainder of the payment within 7 days of sending invoice your booking could be cancelled and deposit forfeited. If required dates are fully booked we will inform you of alternative dates available.
CANCELLATION OF BOOKINGS
Cancellations must be in writing, and are charged as follows:
• Should you cancel your confirmed booking more than 13 weeks prior to commencement of hire you will forfeit the booking deposit.
• Should you cancel your confirmed booking up to 13 weeks prior to, or fail to turn up for commencement of hire, you will forfeit the booking deposit and hire charge already paid.
• This will also apply if, upon inspection of named drivers’ licences, they are found to be invalid or do not comply with the information stated on the booking form.
• This will also apply If you fail to make remainder of the payment within 7 days of sending invoice your booking could be cancelled and deposit forfeited.
• Motorhome Cruise highly recommends that the hirer takes out his/her own cancellation insurance.
EXTENSION OF BOOKINGS
If you want to extend your holiday during your original rental period then please contact us and we will accommodate you if possible.
Full payment is due, 90 days prior to collection of vehicle.
We require all payments to be made in Sterling. If your bank levies additional charges then these should be borne by you.
The damage excess of £1100 is fully refundable (after any deductions if any) 14 days after safe return of the vehicle on the agreed date and time unless otherwise agreed by Motorhome Cruise.
Late returns will be surcharged at the rate of £50 per hour, or part hour.
In circumstances beyond our control if the Motorhome previously booked by the hirer is not available due to accident, theft, weather conditions, or any other reason or circumstance, then we will endeavour to supply a replacement motorhome of similar size and specification, if this is not possible then we will refund all monies paid immediately, Motorhome Cruise will have no obligation whatsoever with regard to refunding any monies paid for campsites booked, events booked, travel booked, or any other circumstances.
All Motorhomes are comprehensively insured for the named drivers during the hire period only as detailed on the booking form. Up to two additional drivers can be added at an additional charge; prices available on request.
A refundable damage deposit of £1100 is payable upon vehicle pick-up.
• In the event of an insurance claim, the full £1100 will be taken to cover the full insurance excess. Any damage to the vehicle during the hire period that is not covered by an insurance claim will be deducted from the refundable deposit; this will include any loss of equipment. Refundable deposit (after any deductions if any) will be refunded 14 days after safe return of the vehicle.
• Every accident or any damage must be reported to Motorhome Cruise immediately by telephone and an accident form will have to be completed at the end of the hire period.
• Any damage to tyres, windscreen and any theft of personal property is not covered by our insurance, and any such damage shall be at your expense .Motorhome Cruise recommend that the hirer takes out their own personal belongings insurance.
• Driving by non-named drivers and any late returns of Motorhomes renders the insurance invalid and the driver therefore commits an offence under the road traffic act, and will be solely responsible for any damages of personal injuries incurred.
LIMITATIONS & LIABILITIES
Motorhome Cruise accepts no responsibility for replacement vehicle costs, travel or accommodation costs or any other loss claims arising from a Motorhome breakdown or accident.
• Is liable for any cost incurred for speeding or parking fines, congestion charges or any other offences committed against the road traffic act regulations.
• Must remember that although these are leisure vehicles, it is an offence to drink and drive.
• Undertakes responsibility for the control of the vehicle on hire to you.
• Is liable for all overhead damage to the vehicle resulting from any accident. The maximum height of the vehicle is clearly stated.
• Shall not tow any trailer or vehicle behind the hired vehicle.
• Shall not carry more passengers than the seating capacity of the vehicle, as defined in the vehicle specifications or allow the vehicle to be overloaded.
• Shall ensure that the driver and all passengers required by law to do so shall, at all times when the vehicle is being driven wear the seat belts provided.
• Shall not use the vehicle to carry passengers or goods for hire or reward.
• Shall not, without written consent from Motorhome Cruise remove the vehicle from the UK mainland.
BREAKDOWN & ACCIDENTS
In the event of a breakdown or accident a recovery and repair service is provided for all our motorhomes (details inside vehicles).
• You are authorised to spend £50 on any necessary repairs and/or replacement parts, and we will reimburse you against a valid VAT receipt.
• Any repair above £50 will have to be authorised by Motorhome Cruise.
• Any breakdown, malfunction or damage caused by your negligence must be repaired/made good at your own expense and notified to Motorhome Cruise Team.
The first 1000 miles per week is free, after this a charge of 0.50pence per mile will be applied. Hire less than a week will have an allowance of 145 per day (so 4 night hire would have allowance of 580 miles).
• For travel outside the UK The minimum hire period is two weeks, The first 2000 miles are free, after this a charge of 0.50 pence per mile will be applied.
The motorhome and its contents remain the property of Motorhome Cruise at all times.
• The hirer is required to keep the vehicle securely locked at all times when it is left unattended, and to refrain from any action or omission which may prejudice Motorhome Cruise. rights to the vehicle.
• The following are strictly prohibited in our Motorhomes, Motorhome Cruise reserves the right to retain in part or whole the refundable deposit if additional deep cleaning or repair is required upon return of the vehicle due to:
– Any other animals
Motorhome Cruise reserves the right to vary rates and conditions at any time.
• Motorhome Cruise offer free car parking for your car whilst you are away, however, vehicles are left entirely at the Owners Risk. Only one allocated parking space is provided per Motorhome hire, with additional vehicle parking available at an additional charge; prices available on request.
The hirer acknowledges delivery of the vehicle and it’s contents, free from defects or damage, other than as specified by Motorhome Cruise.
• Before the commencement of hire the hirer is advised to check the vehicle thoroughly before leaving the premises of Motorhome Cruise especially wing mirrors,windscreen and windows as each wing mirror costs £500 and glass excess is also £500.
• The vehicle must be returned in the same condition as when hired, with the interior and appliances clean.
• Motorhome Cruise will make a charge of £150 for the cleaning of un-emptied chemical toilets, £150 for the cleaning of dirty or stained carpets or upholstery,£150 for cleaning of dirty cooker , microwave and oven.
FUEL, OIL & GAS
A full tank of fuel is supplied with the vehicle at the commencement of hire and the hirer is expected to return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel.
• There will be a surcharge of £25 plus the cost of fuel for any fuel shortage.
• The hirer will be liable if incorrect fuel type is used.
• The hirer will be responsible for the regular checking of oil and water levels, and the use of the correct type of fluids.
• Our vehicles are fitted with refillable Gas bottles which can be refilled at any fuel station supplying LPG gas, The vehicles are supplied with a full tank of LPG gas and you must return the vehicle with a full tank of LPG gas. There will be a surcharge of £25 plus the cost of LPG Gas for any shortage.
Motorhome Cruise has the right to refuse to handover the Motorhome on arrival of the hirer to any person who in our opinion is not suitable to take charge of the vehicle, due any concerns we have for the safety of the vehicle or its occupants or other road users. In this situation all monies paid to us will be refunded in full immediately, Motorhome Cruise will have no obligation whatsoever with regard to refunding any monies paid for campsites booked , events booked, travel booked, or any other circumstances.
• All drivers confirm by signing this agreement that they have none of the following conviction codes on their license within the last five years:
AC, BA, CD40-71, DD, DR, IN, LC30-50, MS40-90, UT
• Signing this agreement and driving the vehicle with any of the above offence and invalidates the insurance, and the hirer will be liable for all and any costs incurred by Motorhome Cruise in the event of any damages or insurance claim as a result of the hire.
Strictly no animals
It is against the law to smoke in all hire vehicles. A fixed penalty notice of £250 will be imposed if customers are found to have been smoking in our Motorhome. Or a maximum fine of the full Damage Deposit could be imposed if damage is caused by smoking.
ROAD TRAFFIC OFFENCES
The Hirer agrees to take on the hire of the vehicle subject to the terms and conditions contained herein and hereby acknowledges that during the currency of the hire agreement the hirer shall be liable for any offence and for all fixed penalty notices under the Road Traffic Offenders act 1991, including any parking/excess parking notices.